|I baked this cake for my kids and they decorate it to surprise us :)|
Weekends are the best time to have little mess and lots of memories!
Kids love to be in kitchen with moms all the time while we push them out of it :P Why not make it a family ritual to have kiddos and mommy's food fiesta right in the kitchen over the weekend! Daddys are also welcome to join in :)
What about baking some deliciously chocolate cupcakes over this weekend??
Here I'll share with you one of my unlimited times tried and tested recipes for some yummilicious cupcakes. Whatever you do, you will always get moist cuppies to endeavour, insha Allah. So here we go ;
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Whenever you want to bake something, first step is to switch on your oven. Mommy's job
- Line your muffin pan with paper liners.Now is the time to ask kids to join in :)
- Pour half cup of boiled water in a bowl. Add half cup of cocoa powder to it and mix with a spoon. Let it cool to room temperature. An irresistible aroma will fill your kitchen and kids will ask to taste the mixture :P let them do it, it will taste yuck and whenever you will try this recipe again they won't ask to taste it and besides it is the time to inform them how much sugar goes to cocoa to make a chocolate ;-p
- In a separate bowl whisk together 1 1/3 cups of all purpose flour, 2 tea spoons of baking powder and pinch of salt. ( you can omit salt if you don't like it.) Let kids do this part. They love to measure and mix. Don't fuss over accurate measurements :)
- With an electric mixer beat half cup of butter at room temperature and one cup of granulated sugar. If you don't have electric mixer, you can use your regular whisk. If butter is not at room temperature you can microwave it in sessions. Microwave for 20 seconds, stir , repeat it two to three times, till your butter is soft and incorporated but not melted and please let kids do this part as well because I know they sooo love to mix ingredients :)
- Add two eggs one by one. Beat well after each addition. Don't forget to scrape the sides.
- Beat in 2 tea spoons of vanilla extract. ( its optional, forget it if you don't have vanilla.)
- Add the flour mixture. Beat at a slow speed or mix with whisk till ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour cocoa mixture and mix till smooth.
- Fill each muffin cup about two third. ( little less is fine but not more than that!)
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes till risen, springy to touch and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place on a rack to cool.
- If you want to frost them, then wait till they are completely cooled otherwise endeavour them fresh from oven, with a cup of coffee milk for kids :)
Day two: Be Prepared
Loads of thanks for reading :)
Its a part of our series ' How to be a better Mom in 31 days! '
Day One: COMPASSION!http://bettertheme.blogspot.com/2013/12/compassion.html
Day two: Be Prepared
Day three: Be there!
Day four: Watch your expectationshttp://bettertheme.blogspot.com/2013/12/watch-your-expectations-day-4-of-how-to.html
Wishing you a wonderful day !
Do share your thoughts with us in 'comments' below :)
I would love to read your words :)
Take a moment to like our facebook page :)https://www.facebook.com/pages/Thebetterme/622776007764851?ref=hl